I have an hour commute every day. I have the pleasure of listening to America Left and America Right in the morning and night respectively to gain a balanced perspective on current events. I read the Wall Street Journal on a daily basis.
It never ceases to amaze me that all of these media outlets propagate the problem of placing blame when anything goes awry. Why has the focus of the news media, the administration, the companies involved been on who is at fault?
Why hasn’t the focus and attention been on how to identify the issue at hand and resolve.
Adm. Thad Allen, an amazingly intelligent man and great leader, can do only as much as the political wonks allow him. Infighting between local, state, and federal entities matched with the placing of blame on a foreign company has taken this disaster recovery and fed it to the birds. We are satisfied with oil belching in to the Gulf? We are more focused on ensuring that BP PAYS the CASH out than saving the thousands of species that are and will be completely decimated by this event.
Where is our illustrious President when it comes to cleaning the birds? He’s out making speeches on how BP will pay for the recovery, NOT on getting more people down there to assist in the clean up operations and how to stop that hole from causing more damage.
- Obama blasts lies, disinformation (politico.com)
- Obama Speaks In New Orleans On Fifth Anniversary Of Katrina (VIDEO) (mediaite.com)
- New Orleans marks Katrina anniversary (bbc.co.uk)
- Barack Obama pledges not to abandon New Orleans on Katrina anniversary (telegraph.co.uk)
- Barack Obama heads to New Orleans to mark Katrina’s fifth anniversary (guardian.co.uk)
- Transcript of Obama’s remarks in New Orleans (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Obama Calls New Orleans a Symbol of Resilience After Katrina (businessweek.com)